AR-15 Build Update! on Flickr.
Sup sup sup Tumblr! A real AR-15 update for once!! How does it look?! So last post I made, I mentioned everything going on with the AR-15 and here’s a better update!
- Duracoated in “Tactical Coyote Brown” and “Goddess Purple”
- All Duracoated parts originally black
- Spike’s Tactical “Pirate” Lower
- Spike’s Tactical Trigger Guard
- Palmetto State Armory LPK with KNS Pins & JP “Yellow” Springs
- B.A.D. A.S.S. (Ambi Safety Selector)
- Magpul B.A.D Lever
- Magpul MIAD Grip
- Magpul STR Stock
Remember this? So this is how we started.. and here’s how she sits now…
So sexy amiright? haha. As you may have read (if you read any of the text :P) or already seen, there are some parts duracoated in “Goddess Purple” which is close to the shade of purple I had in mind when I decided to do this. Here’s a little close up of the purple details…
Another close-up! This time of the Magpul STR Stock which I have only seen in black. Love the little black accent pieces that I didn’t duracoat because of they are rubber and I figured it wouldn’t stick…
So there you have it! My baby is coming along nicely! As I was doing prep for the AR-15 I decided that since I only have one other gun that they should match! So I went ahead and did the trusty FNP-9 in the same “Tactical Coyote Brown”…
But before I show a closer shot of that I figured I’d put up this classic shot of the FNP. So, you have that before up there, and how she sits now…
And here it is!!! Was trying to get as close to the original shot above :P Almost identical amiright?! Loving the stainless and Coyote Brown combo… not something you see everyday, even in terms of two tone stuff.
So there you have it a full on update finally for my tumblr folks with a buncha pictures!! The duracoat went pretty smoothly, but it kills airbrushes clogging them up. Thank goodness I only go with cheapy Harbor Freight Tools airbrushes. It’s holding up pretty well, but I do have some chipping here and there. It’s most likely because I reassembled the guns to quickly and didn’t give them enough time to cure… They claim it’s okay to reassemble in 24 hours… I shoulda waited a few days like I did before messing with any of the purple pieces. Hopefully they hold up, but only time will tell, and I’ll definitely keep track of that!